Adding pictures in WordPress is easy!
Here’s a summary:
- Resize your picture so it doesn’t gobble up your hosting space. 600px is usually wide enough, unless your website is wide screen and you want a full-width picture.
- Log into your Webhive dashboard.
- While editing a page or post, click at the beginning of the line where you want the image.
- Click ‘Add Media’
- Follow the prompts to upload or select an image
- Click ‘Insert into Page’ or ‘Insert into Post’.
- Click Publish or Update for your page or post.
Let’s assume that you’re editing a page. You’d like the text on the left and the photo on the right, like this:
Click at the beginning of the line:
Click the ‘Add Media’ button:
Now you have a choice! You can insert an image from your media library, or upload it from your computer.
To insert an image in your media library, make sure you’ve selected the Media Library tab, then select your image:
You can select a row of images by clicking the first image, holding down the shift key and clicking the last image. You can add other images to your selection by holding down the control key when you click them.
Title – When someone clicks to enlarge your image, the title will be displayed as a heading
Caption – The text shown underneath the image
Alt Text – Blind people use reading software to browse the web. The software reads out the Alt Text for each image. The Alt Text is also displayed while an image is loading.
Description – This is rarely shown.
Embed your key words into the above options. It’ll help with your search engine ranking!
Alignment – We want our image on the right, so select ‘Right’
Link To – Media File. That means that your image will enlarge when someone clicks it. This is the default.
Size – When you upload an image, WordPress automatically creates several versions of the same image at different sizes. 300px wide is a good size when wrapping text around an image.
Click ‘Insert into page’:
Click ‘Update’ to save your page, then view your page:
And this is the result: