After answering the questions posed in Are You Repelling Your Customers? and Where are my Customers? you know your ideal customer reasonably well and you’ve connected with them but chances are you haven’t made the sale yet!
So now let’s get a deeper! Ask yourself:
- How does my customer like to communicate?
If I ask the local tradies whether they have a website, most say ‘my wife does all that internet stuff’. If tradies were your target market, a Facebook or Twitter campaign would be wasted. They probably don’t even read their emails! But they would appreciate your availability on the phone. So does your ideal customer prefer:
- Face to Face contact
- Online chat
- Online booking or purchase
Make sure that your business is visible! Your customer may need to see you many times before contacting you.
How can you improve your communication with your customer? Do you need a:
- Physical outlet or agency even if you usually trade online
- Answering service
- Answering machine
- Callback system
- Email address
- Skype account
- Facebook or Twitter account and someone to run them
- Online chat system or forum on your website
- Printed leaflet or catalogue
Now, assess your business communications:
- Do you always answer queries?
- How responsive are you?
- Does your customer expect an instant answer? Do they mind waiting 24 hours or will they go elsewhere?
- Will your customer feel that you have been helpful?
- What can you do to improve their experience?
Thank you for reading :)
Read The Golden Thread that leads customers to your cash register… The Golden Thread Part I
Read Are You Repelling Your Customers?… The Golden Thread Part II
Read Where Are My Customers? The Golden Thread Part III
Read Bringing customers to your door… The Golden Thread Part IV